Re: [PERFORM] change sample size for statistics - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Willy-Bas Loos
Subject Re: [PERFORM] change sample size for statistics
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
It's not 10%.  We use a fixed sample size, which is configurable on the
system, table, or column basis.

It seems that you are referring to "alter column set statistics" and "default_statistics_target", which are the number of percentiles in the histogram  (and MCV's) .
I mean the number of records that are scanned by analyze to come to the statistics for the planner, especially n_disctict.