Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta
Date
Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> So far:
>
> http://www.cio.com.au/article/384968/open_source_postgresql_9_1_beta_released/
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/440666/ (subscriber-only content)
>
> http://www.databasejournal.com/features/postgresql/article.php/3932351/PostgreSQL-91-Gets-Synchronous.htm

I have to wonder why these mention PGXN given that at the moment it's
just a download site, providing similar functionality to software
catalog on www.postgresql.org.

When there is a command line client available, then sure, it should be
promoted, but until then it's a WIP (I would say vapourware, but I
that seems unfair, as I know David certainly is working on it). We
shouldn't be promoting features for which the primary feature isn't
yet written in our major version release announcements imnsho.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company