Re: Access to postgres conversion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From akp geek
Subject Re: Access to postgres conversion
Date
List pgsql-general
The only problem I am seeing with dates as you mentioned. when I export the data to csv the date is getting the format of 8/1/1955 0:00:00 , but postgres not accepting that. Any clues?

Regards

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM, akp geek <akpgeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks so much . I was using bullzip What I felt with Bullzip was it is good
> for less amount of data.  I have 2 tables each of which has 2.5 million
> records.  For me it is taking for ever, The job that I set up has been
> running since 12 hours.

Export to CSV or tab delimited file, then suck it in with a COPY
statement in postgres.  Just make sure that there is no "invalid" data
like fake dates.  2.5 million rows should take a couple of minutes
tops to insert into a modern hardware server.