Re: Protecting stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Protecting stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Michael Gould
<mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net> wrote:
> We want to protect the intellectual property of several of our stored
> procedures.  If we put them in a separate schema in the database and only
> allow execute on anything in that schema would that protect our stored
> procedures?

Just want to point out that the problem you're trying to solve is one
of licensing and legal contract, not software.  No system is
unhackable.  Also, having a skilled user who can help you with
troubleshooting being locked out of doing so does you no good in the
long run.  The very people you seek to protect your IP from are the
ones who can help you the most with bug fixes and reporting.