Re: postgresql 9.0.4 source compilation issue on OSX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: postgresql 9.0.4 source compilation issue on OSX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Bhavin Kamani <bhavinkamani@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am installing postgresql using homebrew on OSX. I am getting strange
> compilation errors. Googling did not help me in getting any lead to the
> resolution. When I compile it on a standalone basis (without using brew) I
> still get the same error. Compiling 9.1beta1 source package also gave me the
> same set of errors.
> Any lead/help will be highly appreciated.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, but contrib modules can be
built in two ways: with PGXS, or without PGXS.  Typically, you compile
without PGXS when you're building the server and it's contrib modules,
and with PGXS if the server is already installed (and thus pg_config
is present) and you just want to compile one more module.  Here it
looks like you're doing an in-tree compile but somehow PGXS is getting
enabled anyway - not sure what's going on there.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company