Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make the visibility map crash-safe. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make the visibility map crash-safe.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> out of curiosity, does it affect the previous benchmarks of the feature ?

I don't think there's much performance impact, because the only case
where we actually have to do any real work is when vacuum comes
through and marks a buffer we're about to update all-visible.  It
would probably be good to run some tests to verify that, though.  I'll
try to set something up.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company