Re: [WIP] cache estimates, cache access cost - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [WIP] cache estimates, cache access cost
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2nd, I provided the patches on the last CF, exactly to allow to go to
> the exciting part: the cost-estimates changes. (after all, we can work
> on the cost estimate, and if later we find a way to use ALTER TABLE or
> pg_class_ng, just do it instead of via the ANALYZE magic)

We're talking past each other here, somehow.  The cost-estimating part
does not require this patch in order to something useful, but this
patch, AFAICT, absolutely does require the cost-estimating part to do
something useful.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company