Re: Assign the system timezone to a variable in a function? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Assign the system timezone to a variable in a function?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Steve Murphy <smurphy@intorrent.com> wrote:
> I have read the docs twice; I have tried all sorts of things;
>
> there must be some way to do this simple thing:
>

> Take the result of "show timezone", and assign it to a variable
>
> in a function.

I was about to suggest querying the pg_settings table, then noticed
there was no 'timezone' record in it, which is pretty odd imo.  You
can look at the log_timezone record however, which might be correct.

merlin