Bug? Text field is not viewable in a table... - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Durumdara
Subject Bug? Text field is not viewable in a table...
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dear Developers!

I found some problem in PGAdmin. V1.12.1, PG 9.0, Win7/X64.
I have a test table with "text" field.
I fillup this field with chr(1)...chr(255), so it contains 255 characters.

When I try to see this table, I got error:

ERROR:  character 0x81 of encoding "WIN1250" has no equivalent in "UTF8"

********** Error **********

ERROR: character 0x81 of encoding "WIN1250" has no equivalent in "UTF8"
SQL state: 22P05

This is very interesting error, because when I try to see this content
in a Delphi TEdit field, I can do it.
Only chr(0) is problematic, because it is string limitator sign in C.

In Python the Unicode handler can be set to if it found a non
convertable character, it can show '?' or other sign, or xmlreference,
etc.

I think that program MUST show the content, and if it is containing
unconvertable fields, it must warn before edit, but we CAN see the
data in any format.

Thanks for your help:  dd