Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Kupershmidt
Subject Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments
Date
Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is a rebased patch. From a quick look, it seems that most of
> the object types missing from \dd are already covered by pg_comments
> (cast, constraint, conversion, domain, language, operator class,
> operator family). A few objects would probably still need to be added
> (foreign data wrapper, server).

Here's another update to this patch. Includes:
 * rudimentary doc page for pg_comments
 * 'foreign data wrapper' and 'server' comment types now included in
pg_comments; regression test updated

Still TODO:
 * psql's \dd should read from pg_comments. But I think we need some
simple way to distinguish comments on system objects from non-system
objects, which we'd need for differentiating \dd from \ddS, not to
mention being useful for ad-hoc queries. I'm open to ideas here.

Josh

Attachment