Re: Vacuumdb error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carl von Clausewitz
Subject Re: Vacuumdb error
Date
List pgsql-general
Everything was fine, the reordered script fixed everything. Thanks all.

Regards,
Carl

2011/4/14 Carl von Clausewitz <clausewitz45@gmail.com>
Ok thanks, the information. I've made the mistake, I will change the script, but I will try, that Vidhya told me. Let me see, what will going on.

Regards,
Carl

2011/4/14 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Carl von Clausewitz <clausewitz45@gmail.com> writes:
> Maintenance:
> #!/bin/sh
> date >> /var/log/postgresql_maintenance.log
> /usr/local/bin/reindexdb --all --username=cvc >>
> /var/log/postgresql_maintenance.log
> echo "Reindex done" >> /var/log/postgresql_maintenance.log
> /usr/local/bin/vacuumdb --all --full --analyze --username=cvc >>
> /var/log/postgresql_maintenance.log
> echo "Vacuum done" >> /var/log/postgresql_maintenance.log

Just FYI, the reindex step is 100% useless if you're going to do a
vacuum full afterwards.

Before 9.0 there was some value in doing vacuum full and then reindex,
but none whatsoever in the other ordering.  As of 9.0 there's just no
point at all in doing both.  VACUUM FULL rebuilds the indexes anyway.

                       regards, tom lane