Re: Trigger vs web service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Godoy
Subject Re: Trigger vs web service
Date
List pgsql-general
If I was Yoda, I would say "The answer you seek is... it depends"

If I were you, I would test both solutions and check which one performs better and impacts the least on your environment.

For example, if you have no logic at all on the database then I would code that in the frontend.  If you have code in the database, then checking how this specific function works there would also be worth a shot.

--
Jorge Godoy     <jgodoy@gmail.com>