Incoming/Sent traffic data - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca
Subject Incoming/Sent traffic data
Date
Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data  (Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda@truviso.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello, I'm doing a paper for my university about advantages and disadvantages of OMR/Direct Access for different languages. One of the tests measures the traffic between application and the database (we have proxy in the middle of them). This test gave me some weird result.

Bellow, code and result:

Python
http://pastebin.com/LfQDtF5X

Java
http://pastebin.com/ZfNpqP0H

The postgre log:

Python LOG:  comando: select * from pessoa
Java LOG:  executar <unnamed>: select * from pessoa

(translation from portuguese to english)
comando -> command
executar -> execute

Almost difference of received data size is HUGE. Do you guys have any idea about what could am I doing wrong? I heard something about binary protocol, could it help?