Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 19:36, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 14:15 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> - Suggest users migrate to GitHub or Sourceforge, depending on their needs.
>
> After a brief look, sourceforge appears to be a good option if you want
> mailing lists, and sourceforge does support git now. I'll be moving my
> PERIOD data type extension there.

One big annoyance with the sourceforge lists is, imho, that they put
ads in all the mails :(

> GitHub doesn't offer mailing lists at all. Not all projects need a
> mailing list, but I've found it to be helpful for the temporal project.

GitHub beats sourceforge on pretty much everything except for this one
thing, imho. But if that's considered critical enough, I agree it's
not a good choice.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/