Postgres questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Trenta sis
Subject Postgres questions
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

I have Debian Lenny server with Postgres 8.3 that is workin correctly, but I have some questions about this installation.

This server is working whitout any problem but it is a little critical and I need to know how can I do...

- I need to connect from postgres to other database (linked server) no postgres (for example with jdbc or odbc). I have tried to work with dbi-link with sql, it seems to work but with poor performance and whit other database different mssql is not working. What possible options exsits with 8.3? and with other versions?

- This server has some critical applications and I need high availability, but I'm not sure about possible options for this versions or similar. I have thought about active/active, active/passive or active/read-only but I'm not sure what are real options, and what could be a possible environment for this situation

Thanks