RE: Barman disaster recovery solution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ahmed, Nawaz
Subject RE: Barman disaster recovery solution
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for clarifying guys.

Best Regards,

Nawaz Ahmed
Software Development Engineer

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd
14 Rodborough Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086, Australia
T +61 2 9452 9027
Nawaz@fast.au.fujitsu.com
fastware.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2019 7:41 PM
To: Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>; Ahmed, Nawaz <Nawaz@fast.au.fujitsu.com>;
pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Barman disaster recovery solution

On 2/28/19 9:21 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> On 28/2/19 1:08 π.μ., Ahmed, Nawaz wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I believe the "file copy" method (listed in the table) in pgbackrest
>> is based on pg_basebackup, so i think it should be "pg_basebackup
>> over ssh" as pgbackrest internally calls pg_basebackup. David Steele
>> can correct me.
>>
> No, apparently pgbackrest does not rely on pg_basebackup.

pgBackRest implements file copy internally and does not rely on any command-line tools such as rsync, tar,
pg_basebackup,etc.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may contain content that is subject to copyright and/or is
commercial-in-confidenceand is intended only for the use of the above named addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient,you are hereby notified that dissemination, copying or use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you
havereceived this e-mail in error, please telephone Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd on + 61 2 9452 9000
orby reply e-mail to the sender and delete the document and all copies thereof.

Whereas Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd would not knowingly transmit a virus within an email
communication,it is the receiver’s responsibility to scan all communication and any files attached for computer viruses
andother defects. Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd does not accept liability for any loss or damage
(whetherdirect, indirect, consequential or economic) however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may
resultdirectly or indirectly from this communication or any files attached.

If you do not wish to receive commercial and/or marketing email messages from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty
Ltd,please email unsubscribe@fast.au.fujitsu.com