Modifying FK constraints - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Modifying FK constraints
Date
Re: Modifying FK constraints
Re: Modifying FK constraints
List pgsql-general
Greetings.

Is it possible to modify a foreign key constraint and force it to cascade on update? If there is no such SQL command, then is it possible to update some system tables to accomplish this?

The problem is that I have a bunch of tables with FK constraints and I need to update primary key values in a lot of these tables. FK constraints were declared, but without cascading updates. Now, I am trying to modify all of them to cascade updates so that I can change primary keys and have these changes propaged to the referencing values.

What would be the easiest solution for this?

Thanks.

Oleg