Re: A new JDBC driver... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Steven Schlansker
Subject Re: A new JDBC driver...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Mar 12, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> Ya, It occurred to me as well if you are using netty it requires another jar.
>
> A bit unorthodox...
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

To my understanding, with a Maven build process it is relatively easy to produce both a
"unmodified" jar which is appropriate for use in Maven projects and a "shaded" jar which could
be appropriate for use in tools / non-Maven-aware projects:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/

This way you can have the best of both worlds.

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> Kevin Wooten wrote on 12.03.2013 02:19:
> So… I did a crazy thing… I created an entirely new JDBC driver.
>
> (For those who care there's an actual question at the bottom… this
> isn't just bragging)
>
> I'd love it if some folks in the know could take a look at my code
> and see if it stirs up any ideas on integration or just makes you
> want to jump off a bridge.
>

> It does sound very nice, thanks very much for the effort!
>
> I didn't look at the code, but one thing I noticed when trying the driver is that it requires a bunch of other
librarieswhich is highly unusual in the JDBC "world". Usually the JDBC driver jar is self contained.