RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC: OID column in views - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Dave Page
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC: OID column in views
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

The commlog shows the following when the query 'SELECT * FROM pg_tables;' is
executed via DAO (I've just thought though, would it be the driver or
perhaps DAO that is expanding the wildcard?):

conn=175915324, query='SELECT "oid" ,"tablename" ,"tableowner" ,"hasindexes"
,"hasrules" ,"hastriggers"  FROM "pg_tables" '
ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  system column oid not
available - pg_tables is a view'
STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=1, errmsg='Error while
executing the query'

Presumably if it's DAO that's expanding the wildcard, it would still be the
driver reporting the existance of the oid column?

Regards,
Dave.