SQL - display different data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wang, Mary Y
Subject SQL - display different data
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Here is the table for bug:

  Attribute   |  Type   |                   Modifier
---------------+---------+----------------------------------------------
 bug_id        | integer | not null default nextval('bug_pk_seq'::text)
 group_id      | integer | not null default '0'
 status_id     | integer | not null default '0'
 priority      | integer | not null default '0'
 category_id   | integer | not null default '0'
 submitted_by  | integer | not null default '0'
 assigned_to   | integer | not null default '0'
 date          | integer | not null default '0'
 summary       | text    |
 details       | text    |
 close_date    | integer |
 bug_group_id  | integer | not null default '0'
 resolution_id | integer | not null default '0'
Indices: bug_group_id,
         bug_groupid_assignedto_statusid,
         bug_groupid_statusid,
         bug_pkey

When I get to PostgreSQL , when I typed
"Select bug_id, group_id from bug order by id"
I would all id, and group_id from the bug table.

However, when I type
"Select * from bug where bug_id=166"
No rows are returned.

What puzzled me was able to see the bug_id (166) and group_id for bug_id (166) listed when I did
"Select id, group_id from bug order by id".

Any ideas of what's going on?

Thanks in advance.
Mary