problem with getting return type mismatch from function - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jackson, Harold
Subject problem with getting return type mismatch from function
Date
Re: problem with getting return type mismatch from function  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-docs
Hi,
    I'm having a problem with a function that I'm trying to create.  I created a data type that is composed of fields from 2 different tables.  When I create SQL functions this seems to work just  fine.  However, when I try to use this data type in a plpgsql function, I get the error message
" return type mismatch in function returning tuple at or near "type_name"". No way is what I created a tuple.  We're running PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on Red Hat Linux.  Any ideas?

Harold A. Jackson

DBA

NDCO

AT&T Wireless Services