Quieting the copyright/startup message... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Quieting the copyright/startup message...
Date
List pgsql-patches
After seeing the "Welcome to psql 8.0.0beta3, the PostgreSQL
interactive terminal." message, I finally got irritated enough at it to
try and figure out how to silence it without using the -q option to
psql(1).  The attached (trivial) patch fixes said problem so that one
can add "\set QUIET" to their ~/.psqlrc and have psql not print out
their favorite database shell greeting.

This patch, while a feature (albeit minor), is low risk and I'd love to
see it added to 8.X.  :)  -sc

echo '\set QUIET' >> ~/.psqlrc
% cat ~/.psqlrc
\timing