Re: pgAdmin3 port to MacOsX - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Adam H.Pendleton
Subject Re: pgAdmin3 port to MacOsX
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Sunday, Sep 14, 2003, at 12:41 US/Eastern, Stefan Csomor wrote:

> Hi
>
> basically we have two options :
>
> I have implemented unicode for wxMac a few weeks ago with one
> restriction :
>
> for 10.2 we need the Metrowerks Compiler environement, since their
> C-runtime
> supports wchar, whereas Apple's Dev Tools don't , rewriting wxMac to
> use
> apple's own unicode support at the moment for me is out of the
> question due
> to time constraints
>
> for 10.3 we can work with the apple developer tools
>
> So I guess it would be the easiest way to go for 10.3 only...

Hmmm.  Well, I don't have the Metrowerks compiler, but I could probably
get my hands on it if I needed to.  I am not using Mac OS X 10.3, but I
probably could if I needed to (though I don't know how this would help
us).

What is needed to get wxMac to support Apple's Unicode on 10.2?  Is
there anything I can do to help?  I've got the time, but I don't know
the particulars about what would need to be done.

I don't think that supporting 10.3 only is a good idea, only because
10.3 is still in beta, and would be just a useful as producing no Mac
port at all.  OTOH, I can take a look at getting a Metrowerks compiler
to produce binary snapshots.

Dave, what do you think?

ahp

Attachment