Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Campbell, Lance
Subject Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade
Date
List pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL 9.2.4

I just upgraded Postgresql from source from 9.2.3 to 9.2.4.  I did the gmake world and gmake install-world.  I did exactly the same thing I did with 9.2.3.  For some reason when I try to access my database on the local machine with the below command I get the following error:

Command:

psql -U database_user -h localhost -d database_name

Error:

psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQconnectdbParams

If I connect remotely from my windows 7 box using pgadmin all works fine.  My local Java applications running on the same server through tomcat connect to the database just fine.  But locally the psql command will not work for me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

217-333-0382

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign logo

Attachment