Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gregory Gerard
Subject Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test
Date
List pgsql-performance
How does this same benchmark compare on similar (or same) hardware but with magnetic media?

On Oct 1, 2011, at 8:22 PM, Andy wrote:

Do you have an Intel 320?  I'd love to see tests comparing 710 to 320 and see if it's worth the price premium.

From: David Boreham <david_list@boreham.org>
To: PGSQL Performance <pgsql-performance@postgresql.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:39 PM
Subject: [PERFORM] Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test

I have a 710 (Lyndonville) SSD in a test server. Ultimately we'll run
capacity tests using our application (which in turn uses PG), but it'll
take a while to get those set up. In the meantime, I'd be happy to
entertain running whatever tests folks here would like to suggest,
spare time-permitting.

I've already tried bonnie++, sysbench and a simple WAL emulation
test program I wrote more than 10 years ago.  The drive tests at
around 160Mbyte/s on bulk data and 4k tps for commit rate writing
small blocks.