Re: Selecting RAM and CPU based on max_connections - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Selecting RAM and CPU based on max_connections
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 20 May 2022 10:27:50 CEST, aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>One of our applications needs 3000 max_connections to the database.
>Connection pooler like pgbouncer or pgpool is not certified within the
>organization yet. So they are looking for setting up high configuration
>Hardware with CPU and Memory. Can someone advise how much memory and CPU
>they will need if they want max_conenction value=3000.
>
>Regards,
>Aditya.

Pgbouncer would be the best solution. CPU: number of concurrent connections. RAM: shared_buffer + max_connections *
work_mem+ maintenance_mem + operating system + ...

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company