Serialization exception : Who else was involved? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olivier MATROT
Subject Serialization exception : Who else was involved?
Date
List pgsql-general

I’m using PostgreSQL 9.2.8 on Windows x64.

When a transaction as SERIALIZABLE isolation level is failing, is there a way to know which connection(s), thus transaction(s), were involved in the overall process ?

I'm working on an accounting database. I know that we should retry the transaction, this is what we do. I've encountered an issue where a transaction has to be run 10 times to succeed on a busy system.

There should be a serious problem here. I'm wondering if there is a configuration parameter that would allow the system to tell in the exception detail the other connections involved in the failure.

The Postgresql wiki on SSI has no such information.

Thanks is advance.

Olivier.