Re: SSL connection has been closed unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Helmer
Subject Re: SSL connection has been closed unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 15, 2013, at 5:41 AM, Stuart Ford <stuart.ford@glide.uk.com> wrote:

> Dear community
>
> We have a problem on our development database server, which supports a PHP
> application, which connects to it from a different server. Sometimes,
> around 1 in 4 page loads, it fails and reports the following error message:
>
> FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command SSL connection
> has been closed unexpectedly
>
> Reloading the page usually works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes it requires
> several more refresh attempts before it magically works again. The odd
> thing is that we also have a live platform that is set up in the same way,
> and this does not occur, thankfully, but I expect it could.
>
> I've tried turning off all SSL features on the development platform, but
> oddly, the same problem persists. I've also tried whacking the logging
> level up to debug5, but still nothing appears in the PG logs when the
> problem occurs.
>
> Does anybody have any idea what could be happening here?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Stuart Ford

Any chance you are using HP ProCurve switches? I believe we have seen these switches corrupt SSL connections when
systemsuse flow control signaling. Utterly bizarre behavior, but we've seen it at multiple customer sites.

Guy