Re: Multiple Schema in One DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Wood
Subject Re: Multiple Schema in One DB
Date
List pgsql-general
We use this script as a proxy for psql, the user can run this followed by the schema's they want in the search path on the command line & the PGOPTIONS value sets it up for them...

schema=`echo $@|sed 's/, /,/g'|tr " " ","|sed 's/,,/,/g'`
#echo $schema
export PGOPTIONS="-c search_path=$schema,public,maps"
psql fish

In your case this could perhaps be used by each application to customise the run time environment, so each has it's own PGOPTIONS string, and thus, when Postgres is run, it's own search path.

Brent Wood

Programme leader: Environmental Information Delivery
NIWA