Re: pg_restore with connection limit 0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Олег Самойлов
Subject Re: pg_restore with connection limit 0
Date
List pgsql-general
> 27 нояб. 2019 г., в 18:14, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> написал(а):

> Why not use pg_hba.conf to allow only connection from superuser for duration?

We considered this, but we don't have direct access to the linux server, only sql connection. The application run in a
kubernetes,etc.

The most simple approach to block concurrent access to the database, may be, is run all pg_restore inside single
transaction.But this is impossible with --create option, but --create option is the only way to restore database
settings.And this is impossible for us, because we need pg_restore in 3 stages.

It is inconvenient that the pg_restore has functionality for 3 stages, but don't has functionality to block database
fortime of this 3 stages.