Re: Query execution failure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Query execution failure
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> On Jan 30, 2023, at 10:17, Pete Storer <Pete.Storer@sas.com> wrote:
>
> This is very interesting, guys. And it leads me to a question: Is there any way to FORCE Postgres to do a local
sort/collationof any data that is accessed through a FDW?

It depends on the FDW.  One thing to try is to have the SORT be an expression, especially one that depends on functions
thatcan't otherwise be pushed down.  (You may have to do some experimenting to find one that returns identity, i.e. the
samesort order as just the bare column, but isn't pushed down.)