Re: Planning hot/live backups? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Campbell, Lance
Subject Re: Planning hot/live backups?
Date
List pgsql-performance
I back up around 10 Gig of data every half hour using pg_dump.  I don't
backup the entire database at once.  Instead I backup at the schema
namespace level.  But I do all of them every half hour.  It takes four
minutes.  That includes the time to copy the files to the backup server.
I do each schema namespace backup consecutively.  I also run vacuum full
analyze once a day.  My system is up 24/7 as well.  I don't backup in
the middle of the night.  There is so little back.  But I could.  I am
able to have more backups by not doing it when there are only a handful
of transactions.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell
Project Manager/Software Architect