Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 382548694 in pg_toast_847386 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Harris
Subject Re: ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 382548694 in pg_toast_847386
Date
List pgsql-general
>> ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 382548694 in
>> pg_toast_847386
>
> This seems more like a corrupted toast table.
>
> Did you try to reindex the pg_toast_847386?
> REINDEX table pg_toast.pg_toast_847386;
> VACUUM ANALYZE <tablename>;

Hi Vibhor,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We didn't try that yet, even though we did see others recommending this as a solution for similar corruptions in the
past.

The main reason we have not gone down that path that after getting this error we do not have any confidence in the
integrityof the rest of the database after performing the restore - maybe there are many more tables with corruption in
them.

We are mainly concerned that our backups are valid. The fault does not seem to be present on the original database,
onlyafter restoring from the base backup + PITR.

Regards
Mike Harris