Re: mising chunk - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Silvela, Jaime \(Exchange\)
Subject Re: mising chunk
Date
List pgsql-general

I had this problem a few weeks ago.

What I did was isolate it into an individual row that was causing the problem, then going over the fields one by one, till I located the free text field that was responsible.

Then I repopulated it with the value in the latest backup I could find.

I wasn’t able to find any better techniques on the web.

For locating the faulty row, you might want to write a procedural routine that will query rows sequentially.

I did it in a very crude way by using LIMIT statements till I hit the mark.

As to why this happens, the suggestion I got here was faulty hardware.

Good luck