handling duplicate row exception - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Amar Dhole
Subject handling duplicate row exception
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi All,

I have a requirement where my application tries to enter the duplicate row in table using batchexceute code. And batch
exceptionis thrown we checked error code and skip it but after this exception all my next update/insert gets error out
withfollowing exception

"Database error. SQL state 25P02. Database specific error code (if any) was 0. Database error message (if any) was:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction
block.:

Is there any way to proceed ahead like in sql server we have options while creating table IGNORE_DUP_KEY = ON if this
isset warning is generated instead of Exception so the other insert/update can proceed ahead.