Re: has anybody gotten cygwin1.1.8 to work with postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Schindler
Subject Re: has anybody gotten cygwin1.1.8 to work with postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff,

Jeff wrote:
> I've tried fruitlessly to install cygwin1.1.8 work with postgresql7.03
>
> Has any body out there done it?
What is actually wrong with the install? If you can't start the postmaster,
because its complains about the IPCs, I fall over the same problem, but
actually with 7.1. Some other guys investigated it already,
and there is a problem with the IPCs with cygwin1.1.8
So their suggestion is to downgrade to 1.1.7, but there is
trap when doing it, because of locked dlls.

Have a look into the threads of the -ports mailing lists of Feb2001,
especially this below, when downgrading:

    http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-ports/2001-02/msg00084.html

> Where can I get the latest postgresql7.1?
http://www.postgresql.org/sites.html

Peter