Re: Re: vacuum and backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Re: vacuum and backup
Date
List pgsql-general
Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> At 01:52 PM 27-02-2001 -0500, Mitch Vincent wrote:
> >
> >I agree 100% that a shell script is probably the best way to go.. All you're
> >doing is running a few utilities, there is hardly any processing on the part
> >of the script that calls the utilities so there isn't much of a need for
> >anything more than what sh (or what ever you like) has to offer..
> >

> How would I automate backup if I use password authentication?

We solve that problem here by running the backup under the
postgres user, which has superuser priveledges.

Other than that I'm not sure what can be done...
--
Occam's Principle of Limited Imagination
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>