Configure autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shenavai, Manuel
Subject Configure autovacuum
Date
Re: Configure autovacuum
Re: Configure autovacuum
List pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

I would like to configure the autovacuum in a way that it runs very frequently (i.e. after each update-statement). I tried the following settings on my table:

alter table mytable set (autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor  = 0.0);

alter table mytable set (autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay  = 0.0);

alter table mytable set (autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit  = 10000);

alter table mytable set (autovacuum_vacuum_threshold  = 1);

I do a lot of updates on a single tuple and I would expect that the autovacuum would start basically after each update (due to autovacuum_vacuum_threshold=1). But the autovacuum is not running.

Is it possible to configure postgres to autovacuum very aggressively (i.e. after each update-statement)?

Thanks in advance &

Best regards,

Manuel