ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Inzamam Shafiq
Subject ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12
Date
List pgsql-sql

Hi Team,

I have a partitioned table in postgresql12 and the unique constraint is applied on the child tables, when I use ON CONFLICT clause it returned an error "duplicate key value violates unique constraint "..."", I tried to replicate the scenario on a test table and created a unique index on partition column and the unique column but when I try to insert data it again return the same error.

This works successfully when I directly insert data in the child table.

What could be the way forward to get this work on parent table?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Inzamam Shafiq
Sr. DBA