undefined reference to `pg_snprintf when we upgraded libpq version from 10.3 to 12.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From M Tarkeshwar Rao
Subject undefined reference to `pg_snprintf when we upgraded libpq version from 10.3 to 12.3
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi all,

We upgraded the libpq version from 10.3 to 12.3. Now we are getting following linker error in compilation.

linux64/lib/libPostgreSQLClient.so: undefined reference to `pg_snprintf(char*, unsigned long, char const*, ...)'

When we analyzed it we found following diff in libpq. What could be the solution of this error.

%/postgres/10.3/lib

>nm libpq.a | grep sprint

U sprintf

U sprintf

U sprintf

U sprintf

U sprintf

U sprintf

%:/postgres/12.3/lib >nm libpq.a | grep sprint

U pg_sprintf

U pg_sprintf

U pg_sprintf

U pg_sprintf