RE: Postgresql-ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jose Raul Da Conceicao
Subject RE: Postgresql-ODBC
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hi Abdul, good day,

Please see below the feedback from our DBA

You can  just install on host with Oracle database:

$ yum install postgresql-odbc

$ yum list installed|grep -i odbc

postgresql-odbc.x86_64           09.03.0100-2.el7            @RHEL-7.5-x86_64

unixODBC.x86_64                  2.3.1-11.el7                @RHEL-7.5-x86_64

It should automatically configure the psqlODBC driver libraries in ODBC Driver file odbcinst.ini.

Like:

# more /etc/odbcinst.ini

# Example driver definitions

# Driver from the postgresql-odbc package

# Setup from the unixODBC package

[PostgreSQL]

Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL

Driver          = /usr/lib/psqlodbcw.so

Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so

Driver64        = /usr/lib64/psqlodbcw.so

Setup64         = /usr/lib64/libodbcpsqlS.so

FileUsage       = 1

And go on with a Data Source Name (DSN) configuration in the odbc.ini

Please let us know if this works on your end and if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jose Raul Da Conceiçao

Amdocs Optima

+56-977018407 (Mobile + IM)