RE: Open source licenses - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DAVID Nicolas
Subject RE: Open source licenses
Date
List pgsql-general
My concern is, I guess, the same for all the software editor using opensource components.
It is to make an inventory of all the used opensource licenses from all the used components, to check and respect the
termsof use, to preserve copyrights and intellectual property.
Companies providing opensource components or libraries now often publish a list of the modules and their licences
becausemost of the time it is a prerequisite for the adoption in many companies.
For example, Qt Company publishes this page: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/licenses-used-in-qt.html.

However, when I get PostgreSql binaries for Windows (Zip archive linked to
https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries),I can see in installation-notes.html :
  -> "The software bundled together in this package is released under a number of different Open Source licences. By
usingany component of this installation package, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of it's licence."
This is unclear and even if I found some license files, or header files with copyrights, I cannot know certainly the
listof installed components and their licenses. And finally, whatever if I use a component, as soon as I install it, I
distributeit and thus I have to know the conditions.

Could the PostgreSQL Global Development Group consider to provide these information ? Is there a team or a group in
chargeof this ? Is there a direct email address to ask this kind of request ?

Best regards,

Nicolas DAVID