Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add ETIMEDOUT to ALL_CONNECTION_FAILURE_ERRNOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jelte Fennema
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add ETIMEDOUT to ALL_CONNECTION_FAILURE_ERRNOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oops sorry, I did make that change locally but apparently didn't update my .patch file after committing, so I uploaded
anintermediary one...
Thanks for fixing that.

I saw you added this section to the commit message:

> Perhaps this should be back-patched, but I'm hesitant to do so given
> the lack of previous complaints, and the hazard that there's a small
> ABI break on Windows from redefining the symbol.  Even if we decide
> to do that, it'd be prudent to let this bake awhile in HEAD first.

Personally, I would love to see this backpatched. Since together with a second bug I reported[1] it's causing high
querytimeouts in Citus even if tcp_user_timeout is set to a low value. I do understand your worry though. Would a patch
likethe one I attached now be a better fit for a backport?

Jelte

[1]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/AM5PR83MB017870DE81FC84D5E21E9D1EF7AA9%40AM5PR83MB0178.EURPRD83.prod.outlook.com
Attachment