[BUGS] getting error could not open file "pg_xlog" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fazreil Amreen Abdul Jalil
Subject [BUGS] getting error could not open file "pg_xlog"
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I am working on setting up postgresql with replication using ansible. I came to a point where I perform pg_basebackup and try to start the replication node. The startup failed with the following error:

LOG:  entering standby mode

cp: cannot stat ‘mnt/server/archivedir/000000010000000000000014’: No such file or directory

LOG:  consistent recovery state reached at 0/14000020

LOG:  redo starts at 0/14000020

LOG:  record with zero length at 0/140000B8

cp: cannot stat ‘mnt/server/archivedir/000000010000000000000014’: No such file or directory

LOG:  streaming replication successfully connected to primary

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

The last line keep repeating until  in the end it says:

LOG:  received smart shutdown request

FATAL:  terminating walreceiver process due to administrator command

LOG:  shutting down

LOG:  database system is shut down

LOG:  database system was shut down in recovery at 2017-08-01 16:01:11 IST

Thank you,

Fazreil Amreen

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation, retention or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted with it in error please notify postmaster@openet.com. Although Openet has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.