Re: gmake Error "/libpython2.4.a: could not read symbols: Bad value" with ./configure --with-python - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: gmake Error "/libpython2.4.a: could not read symbols: Bad value" with ./configure --with-python
Date
List pgsql-general
Nico Grubert wrote:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a(abstract.o): relocation

> R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a
> shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a: could not read
symbols:
> Bad value
>
> Any idea, what's going wrong here?

Does my memory fool me or did you ask that same question before?

Make sure that this is no problem pertaining to linking a 64-bit
object with a 32-bit object, which won't work.

If that's not the problem, supply the appropriate ld switches for
diagnostic output and try to get more detailed information, e.g.
which symbol is attempted to link with which object.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe