PostgreSQL-12 replication. Check replication lag - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mariya Rampurawala
Subject PostgreSQL-12 replication. Check replication lag
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

I am working on providing HA for replication, using automation scripts.

My set up consists of two nodes, Master and Slave. When master fails, The slave is promoted to master.

In case of sync replication, we do not check if the data is up-to-date on slave.

But in case of async replication, how can we check if the slave is up-to-date.

One way I found from the blogs is to compare the values of pg_last_wal_receive_lsn() and pg_last_wal_replay_lsn()

If these values are same, can we say that the slave is up-to-date?

Both these values I will fetch from the slave node. How will the slave ensure it is up-to-date, if the network between master and slave is broken?

Regards,

Mariya