Re: Proper way to restore from a basebackup without the WAL-files? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gustav Karlsson
Subject Re: Proper way to restore from a basebackup without the WAL-files?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ok, thanks. That was actually what I ended up doing, but I get some warnings in the log. For example:

< 2015-12-15 00:00:58.206 CET ><  ><  >ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in index “myindex_idx" for deletion target page 101400
..

Is that to be expected?

Also, will the server be in a state where I can start replication to a slave? (given a fresh backup from the new timeline)

Regards,
Gustav