Re: function accepting a row - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tgrzej
Subject Re: function accepting a row
Date
List pgsql-general
Od: Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>
..
> * More support for composite types (row and record variables) in
> PL/pgSQL
>
>   For example, it now works to pass a rowtype variable to another
>   function as a single variable.
>
> If you're using a version older than 8.0 then you'll have to work
> within its limitations.

Thanks for the answer,
I tried to follow #37.1.2 from:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/plpgsql.html

where one can read:
"Functions written in PL/pgSQL can accept as arguments any scalar or
array data type supported by the server, and they can return a result
of any of these types. They can also accept or return any composite
type (row type) specified by name."

So is this part of documentation non correct or is my way of calling a
function accepting a rowtype is not correct?

Tomek Grzejszczyk