Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet
Date
List pgsql-www
> On 24 Feb 2020, at 18:27, Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org> wrote:
>
> On 24/02/2020 16:46, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>
>>> Yes. Please ignore this project, I merely raised the point because
>>> I stumbled over this discussion again. The following is the
>>> interesting part:

>>> Indeed. Conference announcements, or things like new major
>>> upgrades of a tool like pgAdmin ect. Would be nice to have that
>>> coming from the project, not from a specific person.
>>
>> What is the main usecase for anonymized postings?
>
> It's not anonymous, it's coming from the conference.

Correct, it's not anonymous but it's anonymized.

Since we already have News and Events on the website, and pgsql-announce@,
don't we run the risk of creating an echo chamber if we open up for project
news on Planet as well?  I realize that the discussion here is larger than just
project announcements, but there is a risk IMO.

cheers ./daniel