Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet
Date
List pgsql-www
On 24/02/2020 17:42, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
>>> Yes. Please ignore this project, I merely raised the point because
>>> I stumbled over this discussion again. The following is the
>>> interesting part:

>>> Indeed. Conference announcements, or things like new major
>>> upgrades of a tool like pgAdmin ect. Would be nice to have that
>>> coming from the project, not from a specific person.
>> What is the main usecase for anonymized postings?
> I've been wondering about this too...
>
> Conference announcements and major upgrades of related projects are,
> today, handled through News and Announcements, and News postings are
> syndicated to @postgresql, which has nearly the reach that
> @planetpostgres does.

All the News articles posted by the pgeu-system (Nordic, FOSDEM PGDay,
Paris, pgconf.eu, pgconf.de, Open SF, ...) are posted to Planet, and
they are
all tied to a personal account, rather than a conference account.

If nothing else, I rather see a conference post about News, not an
individual person.

> Does Planet reach other places that we can see that @postgresql and the
> News/Announcements don't..?  If so, are those places that it would be
> appropriate to syndicate our News to?

It's not the other places, it's the fact that things are posted to Planet
first, and from there go to @postgresql.

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group